Convent of St. Agostinho, in Vila Viçosa

Convent founded in 1267, the license granted sequence by Afonso III, was largely benefited by King Dinis and later by Constable Nuno Alvares Pereira, in 1366, sent him to expand and rebuild the chancel of the church. Also enjoyed the special protection of the Dukes of Bragança, which it held the patronage. Extinct in 1834.

Comments are closed.

Free eCards, Free ePoscards