The Castle of Portel, Alentejo, located in the village, parish and county of the same name, Évora District, Portugal.
In one of the buttresses of Portel saw, stands in a dominant position on the medieval village. Nearby worth visiting, beyond the castle, the Church of the True Cross, the caves of Algar and the Alqueva dam.
Construction work started then, have continued under the reign of King Dinis (1279-1325), when, after late prime, emerging feud between the heirs for possession of honor, the castle reverted to the possession of the Crown, by barter between the sovereign and D. Navy, widow of John Aboim dated 9 January 1289.1 in this sovereign is assigned yet, the erection of the fence of the village.
Comments are closed.