Castle of Alandroal

Built under the reign of King Dinis (1279-1325), according to epigraphic inscription on one of the doors, its first stone was laid on February 6, 1294 by D. Afonso Lourenço, Master of the Order of Avis. A second entry in elevation west of the Keep (now integrated in the Church of Treasure Room Matrix), announces the completion of its construction, in February 24, 1298, and Master of the Order, the same Lawrence D. Afonso.

Comments are closed.

Free eCards, Free ePoscards